Publication and Resources
- Submission to Communities and Local Government Committee on Abolition of Regional Spatial Strategies in relation to provision for Gypsies and Travellers - Sept 2010
The next five items on this list are documents and research papers relating to the London Plan.
- 'We are Londoners Too' - Letters from Gypsies and Travellers An Anaylsis of writen responses to the draft London Plan - November 2011
- The target for pitches in the London Plan is slashed. Here is the LGTU planning objection - April 2010
- Submission on Draft London Plan – January 2010
- Government statistics on pitches for London are misleading – July 2009
- Submission on London Plan preliminary proposals -June 2009
- Gypsy and Traveller accommodation in London: a Strategic Review – April 2009
- The Bexley GTANA - Sept 2009
- and the LGTU critique of the Bexley GANTA- Jan 2011
- London Borough of Barking and Dagenham - Report on survey for Community Cohesion Action Plan – May 2006
- London Borough of Hillingdon - Hope health needs of Travellers report – September 2005
- London Borough of Hillingdon - Hope Energy Link fuel poverty report – April 2005
- London Borough of Waltham Forest - Children 5 - 13 year old needs assessment – October 2002
In addition to the vidoes shown on our Youtube Channel we have made the following DVDs which can be purchased for £10 including packaging and postage. Please contact info(at)lgtu.org.uk
- Grounded was produced to highlight how legislation and developments in public and private sector provision had closed in on the Travelling community, leaving the young generation with no choice in how they live. Recent clauses in the Hackney Act 2004 have acknowledged the need to plan for sites for future generations. See www.communities.gov.uk
- Going Home was produced to show how a group of young families living in Hackney, East London, have come together in order to continue their traditional way of life and create a positive future for themselves and their children.
- Getting Out is about The London Gypsy and Traveller Unit’s youth work with Irish Travellers.