LGTU is able to offer the following services on a commissioned basis, using specialist associates.
- INSET Training, Conference workshops - On Traveller services and issues bespoke training and workshops for professionals and conferences.
- Social Services/solicitors - Specialist advice, support, court reports, needs assessments. Professional supervision of social work student placements with LGTU.
Our associate has 30 years experience as a senior social worker which included a post as Traveller development officer.
- Planning and Housing Policy - Specialist advice on community response to Regional Plans; Local Development Frameworks and Housing strategies as they relate to Gypsies and Travellers, and to Gypsy and Traveller Needs Assessments. Research on specific district and regional strategies to support solicitors representing individual Travellers and other related research.Our associate is a member of the RTPI and has specific experience of policy work and of supporting Travellers in their response to planning policy.
- Health and Safety Investigations – Specialist investigation of and reporting on health and safety concerns. Our associate is an experienced Occupational Hygienist with specific knowledge of investigations on Traveller sites.
- Capacity building for Travellers - Coordinated by the LGTU team, calling in known specialist input where appropriate
- Research - We can undertake a complete project or work in partnership with other academics or agencies, using our range of consultant associates.